Sunday 6 January 2013

THE GIFTED ANALOGY, A Sensual Glimpse into Chapter Six


I’m fine.” I could feel his gaze still holding my face. He stepped closer and I retreated automatically.
“Please stay where you are. Don’t come near me.” I warned him. His gaze grew intense. I could feel myself hyperventilating. He was so beautiful and I was finding it too difficult to keep myself away from him. I recalled the promise I made to myself just a few minutes ago. I had to check my feelings and seize myself from falling into this temptation.
“Why?” he asked and his warm aromatic breath brushed my face.
Now what should be the appropriate answer to his question, I really couldn’t make out. He continued to step forward and I responded in reverse steps. My heart was beating faster and my legs were fussily moving. But he kept approaching with determination. I shook in fear.
“Sophie, please trust me. I will never try to harm you.” His eyes were in pain. My legs automatically froze to where they were. He came closer and held my hands. “I love you, Sophie, more than anything in the whole universe. Please trust me. I need you to do it, just once.” As he whispered on my lips, his breath numbed my senses.
Then he pressed his lips on mine. I felt my whole body tremble in response. His lips moved slowly and rhythmically on mine, and then softly opened my mouth. His kiss was so intense and deep that it made something in my chest move. My legs shook and I held his arms for support. My mind got numb, feelings froze and my thoughts blurred. I felt my body floating. My head was light and my body seemed weightless. I felt like flying with numbness. All I could feel was the warmth of his lips on me. It was so persistent that it shook me from inside completely. Slowly I started feeling lighter and lost the touch of gravity under my feet. My eyes couldn’t open. It was dark, much darker, deeper, and then from somewhere I felt a flash of light, strong light, getting stronger and brighter, so bright that it burnt my eyes. My head spun with extreme luminosity.
I followed the light to a huge garden, no, a clearing with a lake on one side. Then I saw myself standing and laughing. I looked extremely happy and younger, maybe sixteen. I saw myself turn and kiss him. He too, turned to adore my face. He had those same beautiful gray eyes, lovely dimples and silky light brown hair. He stroked my face and we both laughed together. He held my hand and we walked beside the lake. A few times, he turned to kiss my forehead, or pucker my cheek. I giggled in response. He too was looking much younger, a boy of around eighteen, but very perpetual.
Then suddenly, I started feeling the weight rising, from my feet and spreading all over my body, to reach my head. The ground started moving in great speed that blurred into the light and then the light faded to deep darkness. My body floated like a feather and then, abruptly, dwindled on a soft silken base. I gasped for air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment