Saturday 2 February 2013

THE GIFTED ANALOGY, Prologue


“Make your choice, Sophie.” His deep grey eyes bored in mine. A chill ran through my spine which made my whole body shiver.

SURRENDER.

The word made me hyperventilate. How could I do this? I barely knew him. But, his eyes, looking at me intensely, his extraordinarily beautiful face, so close to mine. I could count his breaths. How could he be so calm after giving me such an impossible choice?

“I – I can’t.” I stuttered.

“Alright, then bear me for the rest of your life. You can never get away from me.”

No! If he stayed near me for some more time, I would never be able to stop myself from falling for him.
I wanted him to leave, but this decision……. Both ways I would lose myself.

He stepped closer, now his heartbeat was so audible to me. I was sure he could hear mine too, which was racing like a horse. I could feel the heat of his body.

I shut my eyes to cut the connection to my thoughts. I couldn’t think anything. My brain had stopped responding. My heart was too tired racing; it was of no use to help any other. And my lungs, all I could breathe in were the fragrance of his breath and body.

I was trembling in fear. Fresh drops of tears fell from my eyes. I wanted to plead and beg him to stop torturing me this way. But his face tightened with perseverance. My helplessness softened him. He stood closer to me trying to read my expressions. Then he drew his face closer to me and I flinched, turning my face away from his. My lips tightened to suppress a shriek.

No comments:

Post a Comment