Wednesday 1 April 2015

THE EQUILIBRIUM: A Sneak Peek to Betrayal!!


“You talk and I love.” He whispered smirking and his lips kissed the nape of my neck.
Oh! He’s so annoying sometimes! I sighed and tried to push him away, but was it really in my strength to do that? He was like a strong, huge rock that could not be moved by any frail human.

“What are you doing?” I thought harder in order to talk in my mind as my lips were sealed with his. My head was turning lighter and I felt almost tranquilized by his love. He really needs to learn how to make a healthy conversation with me!  

"Dave... what are you doing?" I whispered in my mind.

“Just checking that your hot head is cooler for some ‘healthy conversation’, as you may call it.” He whispered in the most velvety soft voice. I almost felt melting in his charm.
“Cheater!” I muttered trying to sound angry. But how could I really be annoyed by him?

“Is that your latest favorite word, sweetheart?” He smirked and laughed boyishly. But humor didn't seem to touch his eyes.
His grave grey eyes stuck on mine as if talking to my soul.

Don't torture yourself uselessly, Sophie… the way you were last night.” He spoke gently as if trying to convince a very stubborn child.
“Last night?” I looked back at him, still confused. “But you weren't here last night. Where were you?” Now, that reminded me of the actual agenda to be discussed with my utterly annoying lover.

“That’s not the point.” He turned and gracefully walked towards the bed. He sat on its edge, looking wary for some unknown reason.
“No. I need to know. Don’t change the topic.” My anger returned and I felt my head throbbing with the height of stubbornness that I felt inside.
“Alright then.” He raised his hands in defeat and gestured me to come and sit beside him on bed. I abided and sat there facing him with my jaw set straight in perseverance.

“I didn't go anywhere, love.” He smiled and talked in extreme gentle tone, trying to calm me down. “It’s just that… it’s better if… I leave you with Alec when he’s home. We don't want him to get suspicious of your behavior, right?”

Maybe, he was right. But all this time planning of ‘Who'll spend time with Sophie’ thing… I was really not in. It made me feel disgusted.   

“Hey, stop over-thinking, for Heaven’s sake, love!” Dave murmured holding my face in his warm hands. “I’m just trying to save you from complications.”
His face looked so sincere and honest and his eyes revealed worry for me.

“It’s not that, Dave.” I sighed. “There are no time-boundaries in any relationships. We are not in a school and both of you are not my tutors. How can you decide a time-table for me?” I shook my head and freed it from his hold. He gave up easily and looked at me in bare worry.

“Sophie, listen to me.” He drew back my attention. “What I've been observing since your arrival here, is that you're disturbed and nervous about all this. It’s not in your nature to lie or keep secrets. You are torturing yourself severely in guilt. All this affects both of us. And believe me; it takes me back to question my decision to return you your vision to see me freely. It makes me responsible for all this mess.”
I gaped at him aghast. Where is he taking all this?

“Tell me, Sophie, when did you last smile after we landed on India?” He looked strained.
I thought about it deeply but there was no answer to it. I gaped at him in confusion and chose not to reply.

“Well, you didn’t.” He replied on my behalf. “And don’t you think that Alec is not a fool to ignore this modification?”
I stared at him wide eyed. He was surely signaling me of some upcoming disaster. Last time when I missed his warning, I almost lost my life!
 I can’t take any chance with my relationships this time.

“Dave, is there something more to it than you're telling me?” I whispered in shock.
He creased his broad forehead and without a word, disappeared in the puff of air.

“Dave, where are you? You can't leave like this without answering me.” I yelled in rage. How could he do this to me? It’s so rude!
“Sophie?” I turned at the call of my name and spotted Alec standing at the door looking grave and awfully worried.

“Whom are you yelling at?”He looked around to find anyone. But, of course, he wouldn’t.
My face burnt crimson red like a thief who was caught red handed.

“N-no… I-I wasn’t.” I tried to smile but frankly, I was nothing less than terrified. I was sure that blood had drained out from my face when I saw him not giving up searching for something or someone.
He stepped forward, his eyes scrutinizing the room.

“W-what are you l-looking for?” I stuttered nervously and bit my lip at the wrong choice of question.
He glowered at me and asked again; “Whom were you talking to?” This time he sounded stern.
“I-I said, n-no one.” I lied in the most disappointing way.

If I ever knew I had to walk the forbidden road, then I would have taken some formal training in how to lie properly.
He snorted, disappointed as well.

“Y-you're back. What happened?” I tried again with a better distraction.

He looked at me with creased forehead as if questioning my sanity and gravely giving it a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment